The Gold Shield Faculty Prize, an unrestricted $30,000 cash prize that recognizes and rewards mid-career UCLA faculty members who have demonstrated extraordinary accomplishments in undergraduate teaching and in research, as well as service within the University.
- Nine voting members
- Two members of Gold Shield, appointed by the Gold Shield Board of Directors
- Four members of the Academic Senate (preferably including no fewer than three (3) from the College of Letters and Science) appointed by the Chair of the Academic Senate in consultation with the Senate Committee on Committees. (These six members do not include D. and E. below.)
- One undergraduate student member appointed by Gold Shield.
- The immediate Past Chair of the Committee, if available (or a previous past chair as a substitute).
- The current holder of the Prize shall serve as Chair of the Committee.